Friends of the Mad River (FMR) is pleased to announce its first ever photo contest. We love the river that connects our community and the land that feeds it. We invite you to join us in celebrating the beauty and vitality of the whole Mad River watershed with a showcase of beautiful pictures of the river, the valley, its uplands, and all those people and wildlife who call this special place home.
The river connects our community and we know that its clean water is a measure of our success as stewards of the land. Whether it’s your favorite swimhole on a vibrant, sunny July day or the view from a cherished vista on a crisp, clear January morning, we will collect and display your picturesque images of the river, its tributaries, and our scenic landscape.
Photos can be from anywhere across the Mad River watershed – if the place you photographed drains into the Mad River, the photo is eligible! Consider photos you’ve taken from anywhere in Warren, Waitsfield, or Fayston, and south Duxbury or western Moretown. Consider photos that capture any of the Valley’s seasons – summer, leaf peeper, stick, winter, mud, and spring! Consider photos of people enjoying the Valley’s countless recreational opportunities – kids playing outdoors, swimmers, paddlers, hikers, or bikers. Submit pictures of the farming or forestry work that shapes our landscape or the tasty products those industries produce. We hope the resulting collection showcases all that’s loved about life in the Mad River Valley.
Submit photos at the “Friends of the Mad River” Facebook page from Valentine’s Day, February 14, through Earth Day, April 22. This is a photo contest with a spin – contest meets raffle! Rather than judging entries, we will draw for prizes from photo entries (1 photo = 1 entry) so all submitted photos are eligible for the final prize drawings. Please submit the highest possible resolution images you have and include the hashtag #MadShedLove as well as the location of the picture with your submission. You can also submit photos by email to MadShedLove (AT) friendsofthemadriver (DOT) org.
Thanks to our local business supporters for providing prizes!
- Mountain Creek Horse Farm - 1 Hour Free Lesson
- Small Dog Electronics - $50 Gift Card
- Full Circle Automotive - Free Oil Change
- Big Picture Theater - Movie Tickets and Popcorn
- Alpine Options - 2 Pairs High Quality Goggles
- East Warren Market - Friday Night Dinner
- Home Plate - $50 Gift Card
- Cabot Creamery - $75 Gift Basket
- Lawson’s Finest - Gift Bag of Beer & Merchandise
- Von Trapp Greenhouse - $25 Gift Card
- Stark Mountain Bike Works - Free Bike Tune-up ($50 Value)
- Leslie Montalto Ceramics - Vermont Artisan Pottery
- Mountain High Ceramics - Vermont Artisan Pottery
HOW TO SUBMIT:
THE (IMPORTANT) FINE PRINT:
- Go to Friends of the Mad River Facebook page and like us.
- Post your photo on our Facebook Event page. Be sure to type #madshedlove and include information about where the photo was taken in photo caption.
- Share the Event with your friends!
- If you don’t have a Facebook account, please email photos to MadShedLove(AT)friendsofthemadriver(DOT)org.
- By submitting to our page you are making your photo available for Friends of the Mad River to use in promotional print and web content. Photo credits will be given appropriately. There will be no royalties paid for these photos and we will reserve the right to use these photos in perpetuity. By submitting your photos, you agree to these conditions.
- Make sure that your post is public – we want to see your photos!
- Remember - the higher the resolution, the better!
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #madshedlove. If you don’t, we won’t know you submitted a photo!